Island Health Farm Stand News – 6/7/2022
Welcome to Week 1 of Island Health’s Farm Stand!
This warm, sunny June weather is an indicator it is time for Farm Stand season! While the wet and chilly spring has slightly delayed berry season with local strawberries just starting to blush, there are so many beautiful fruits and vegetables growing and ready to harvest locally. Cool nights mean sweet succulent spinach and lettuce are at their best, rhubarb is ready to jam, and edible flowers abound.
We are excited to host our 12th annual Farm Stand in the Island Health courtyard. Farm Stand runs every Tuesday for the next fourteen weeks from 11am to 4pm.
This year we are offering a free Island Health Farm Stand canvas tote when you sign up and pre-pay for the entire 14 week season of Fresh-to-Go bags. Visit www.islandhealth.org/farm-stand-tote-bags for more information and to see this year’s bag design!
The Farm Stand will host two local vendors on all Farm Stand dates and two vendors who will have a rotating schedule through the summer.
- Schuh Farms will be providing their wide selection of Skagit grown produce, berries, flowers, honey, and cookies as well as choice items from family farms in Eastern Washington. https://schuhfarmswa.com/
- Water Tank Bakery is back by popular demand with their artisan breads and cookies made using craft techniques and Washington grown Cairnspring Mill flour. https://www.watertankbakery.com/
- Dog Island Mushrooms grows a variety of culinary mushrooms on Guemes Island and will bring mushrooms by the pound and mushroom growing kits. http://www.dogislandmushrooms.com/
- Ebb & Flow Herb Farm grows culinary and medicinal herbs with which they sell fresh, dried, and as blended teas and seasonings. Also available will be artisan goat milk soaps!
Weekly Fresh-to-Go Bags
Schuh Farms will again be offering Fresh-to-Go bags consisting of 4-5 produce items changing weekly based on what is fresh on the farm. Cost of the FTG bags is $14/week or $196/full season (14 weeks).
This year we are offering a free Island Health Farm Stand canvas tote when you sign up and pre-pay for the entire 14 week season of FTG bags. Visit www.islandhealth.org/farm-stand-tote-bags for more information about the tote bags. This year’s bag design is shown here.
Fresh-to-Go Bag Contents for Tuesday, June 7
- A surprise!
How to Order Fresh-to-Go Bags
- Email email@example.com by noon on Monday, June 6th to indicate you want the current FTG bag. Please include a contact phone number (prefer cell phone) when placing your order.
- Pick up FTG bag from the Schuh Farms booth at Farm Stand on Tuesday, June 7th, 11:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Please pick up your Fresh-to-Go bag by 3:30 p.m. on Tuesdays, unless you make a special arrangement via email.
- Pay at the Farm Stand. If you want to pre-pay for the entire season ($196) to receive your IH Farm Stand canvas tote, just let the Schuh employees know!
Island Health Employee Wellness
Published on June 3, 2022