One of the unique characteristics of COVID-19 that has presented challenges for the public and medical professionals alike is the…
Island Primary Care – Orcas
7 Deye Lane
Eastsound, WA 98245
P: 360.293.3101 or 360.376.2561
Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Appointments required for all visits.
For after-hours care, please call: 360.293.3101 or 360.376.2561.
We offer a variety of services, including:
- After-hours Care
- Patient Care Coordination
- Family Medicine
- Diagnostic testing
Accessing After-hours Care
If you are have a life-threatening event, such as a heart attack or stroke, please call 911.
- If your urgent health event occurs after the clinic is closed and it is not life-threatening, please call 360.293.3101 or 360.376.2561.
- You will be asked to provide relevant information and the on-call Island Health physician will return the call within 30 minutes to discuss the situation and provide advice.
COVID-19 Testing & Vaccines
Island Primary Care – Orcas is committed to providing COVID-19 testing and vaccines for patients locally, either through our clinic or in collaboration with our community partners, San Juan County Public Health and Ray’s Pharmacy.
COVID testing for symptomatic, possible exposure, pre-procedural, and return to school or work at the clinic can be scheduled on the following days:
Monday, Wednesday or Friday, 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Tuesdays, 4:00–6:00 p.m.
Results are usually returned after 24 hours and can be accessed in your Island Health patient portal account. Patients are notified of negative results by the clinic staff and immediately on receipt of a positive.
Call 360.293.3101 to schedule a COVID-19 test.
To find a local vaccine provider, go to www.vaccinelocator.doh.wa.gov (Washington State Dept. of Health).
Courtesy Labs at Island Primary Care – Orcas
Island Primary Care – Orcas is happy to facilitate lab orders for an outside provider. There are several items to note when we process labs from providers outside of Island Health.
- A current order must be brought in or faxed to our office at 360.466.6139 for phlebotomist review. There are some uncommon orders we may not be able to fulfill due to supply availability or special processing.
- All lab appointments are scheduled from 8 a.m.–1 p.m. The specimens are flown by plane each afternoon to a courier and then brought to the Island Health laboratory.
- For courtesy labs, we function as a “draw facility” only; however, the results will appear in your patient portal.
- Test results that are ordered by an outside provider will also be communicated to the patient by the outside provider as they are in charge of the information in your care plan. The ordering provider, or their staff, are responsible for communicating the results of the tests ordered for you, not Island Primary Care – Orcas.
- Lab result times vary, each test requires different amounts of time to process. For example, a COVID tests takes a few hours to process and upload once received by the Island Health lab, but a urine culture will need several days to show bacteria growth, appearing in the patient portal several days after the COVID results.
Frank James, MD
Orcas Community Briefing 3-18-21
Island Hospital senior leaders present to the Orcas community a briefing on the transition plans for the Island Primary Care - Orcas clinic, including providers and services offered.