Welcome to Week 14 of Island Health’s Farm Stand!
This is the fourteenth and final newsletter of the 2022 Island Health Farm Stand season. The Employee Wellness (EW) Committee would like to thank you for your patronage. Whether hospital staff or greater community member, we hope you enjoyed this opportunity to conveniently access farm fresh foods this summer.
The EW committee would also like to thank our vendors, Schuh Farms, Water Tank Bakery, Dog Island Mushrooms and Ebb & Flow Herb Farm for sharing their bounty. If you enjoyed our vendors as much as we have, we encourage you to let them know. They will appreciate hearing from you.
We look forward to Farm Stand 2023 starting in early June of next year, but stay tuned for notifications on pop-up Farm Stands throughout the year until then.
Want to still enjoy local, organic, Skagit grown vegetables during the typical off-season? Island Health Employee Wellness is working with Boldly Grown Farm again to be a pick-up location for their winter CSA program. Sign-ups are currently going on. Boldly Grown Farm specializes in growing fall and winter crops. Their CSA is a chance for you to receive a biweekly supply of high-quality, locally grown, organic veggies during the typical off-season with a pick-up location at the Island Health. Check it out on their website: www.boldlygrownfarm.com
This Week’s Participating Vendors
- Schuh Farms will be providing their wide selection of Skagit grown produce, berries, flowers, honey, and cookies as well as choice items from family farms in Eastern Washington. https://schuhfarmswa.com/
- Water Tank Bakery is back by popular demand with their artisan breads and cookies made using craft techniques and Washington grown Cairnspring Mills flour. https://www.watertankbakery.com/
- Dog Island Mushrooms grows a variety of culinary mushrooms on Guemes Island and will bring mushrooms by the pound and mushroom growing kits. http://www.dogislandmushrooms.com/
- Ebb & Flow Herb Farm grows culinary and medicinal herbs with which they sell fresh, dried, and as blended teas and seasonings. Also available will be artisan goat milk soaps and selection of fresh vegetables!
Weekly Fresh-to-Go (FTG) Bags
Fresh-to-Go Bag Contents for Tuesday, September 6th
- Schuh Farm Sweet Onions
- Choice of Greens
- A Surprise!
How to Order Fresh-to-Go (FTG) Bags
- Reply to this email by noon on Monday, September 5th to indicate you want the current FTG bag.
- Please include a contact phone number (prefer cell phone) when placing your order.
- Pick up FTG bag from the Schuh Farms booth at Farm Stand on Tuesday, September 6th, 11:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Please pick up your Fresh-to-Go bag by 3:30 p.m. on Tuesdays, unless you make a special arrangement when replying to this email.
- Pay at the Farm Stand.If you pre-paid for the entire season there is no need to respond to this email, we have you on the list!
We are so very grateful for our loyal Farm Stand supporters. We will see you next year!
Island Health Employee Wellness
Published on September 1, 2022