Island Health Farm Stand News
Island Health’s Employee Wellness Committee is excited to host our 12th annual Farm Stand season! The Island Health Farm Stand will run Tuesdays 11 a.m.-4 p.m. for fourteen weeks from June 7th until September 6th and is open to the employees of Island Health as well as the Anacortes community.
Schuh Farms will again be providing Fresh-to-Go bags consisting of 4-5 produce items changing weekly based on what is fresh from the farm.
Please review the following details to ensure a safe and bountiful season:
- Pre-order your Fresh-to-Go bags ($14/bag) by emailing email@example.com. This will allow for preparation and pre-bagging of items to reduce line wait times. Fresh-to-Go bags can be purchased on a week-by-week basis or you can sign up for the entire season.
- Pre-pay for an entire season of Fresh-to-Go bags ($196) by June 7, 2022 and receive a free Farm Stand canvas tote!
- We encourage Farm Stand shoppers to bring a reusable bag.
- All forms of payment will be accepted (cash, card, check). Island Health employees may also use their KRONOS badge for payment.
- Pre-orders (excluding Fresh-to-Go bags) will be accepted by contacting Schuh Farms at least one day prior to Farm Stand:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 360.424.6982 (please provide your name, order and time of pick up)
The Island Health Farm Stand will follow all local and state regulations.
Island Health is excited to be a founding member of the Genuine Skagit Valley Initiative promoting local food producers. Learn more about the initiative at www.genuineskagitvalley.com.
Schuh Farms will continue to provide all of our favorites including a variety of locally grown produce, heavenly pies, honey, jam, and beautiful arrangements. We are thrilled to welcome back Water Tank Bakery, an artisan bakery specializing in naturally fermented loaves and cookies using local ingredients including flour milled by Cairn Springs! Also joining us this year on an alternating schedule will be Dog Island Mushrooms and Ebb & Flow Herb Farm. Dog Island Mushrooms will supply Guemes Island grown mushrooms and mushroom kits, and our new vendor, Ebb & Flow Herb Farm, will bring a selection of fresh and dried herbs, tea blends and soap.
Check out our Health Education offerings of DocTalks, wellness classes and health screenings at www.islandhealth.org/classes. Here are a few of our upcoming classes (registration is required):
- Living Better with Diabetes, May 19, 10:30 a.m.
- Nutrition for a Health Pregnancy, May 24, 10 a.m.
- Osteoporosis: Exercise & Nutrition, June 1, 11 a.m.
We are very excited to kick off another season of Farm Stand on Tuesday, June 7, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. in the 24th Street courtyard (near the main entrance), and we look forward to seeing you soon!
The Island Health Farm Stand Team
Island Health Farm Stand is brought to you by:
Published on May 18, 2022