Black Bean & Corn Relish
This high fiber, versatile relish can be eaten on its own, over a bed of greens, or as a nutritious filling in a breakfast burrito. Dry roasting the corn and onions brings out a deeper flavor profile.
- 1 15.5oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp sugar
- juice from 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400° F and dry roast corn and onion on sprayed sheet pan for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Toss gently to mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Tip: For a spicier version, add diced chilis.