When the weather starts to warm up in May we spend less time in the
kitchen and more time outside. This is a healthy recipe that uses leftover
chicken and quick cooking rice noodles featuring the first snap peas and
green onions of the season.
- 1/2 cup tahini (ground sesame seeds)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2-3 tbsp water (to thin)
- pinch of salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup cooked rice noodles
- 3 oz cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 tbsp green onions
- 1/2 cup snap peas, halved
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup cucumbers, sliced
- 1 cup salad greens
- Optional Toppings:
- mandarin oranges
- toasted sesame seeds
- To make dressing, mix tahini, lemon juice, honey and garlic.
- Slowly whisk in water until creamy and smooth. Set aside.
- Boil water and pour over bowl of dry rice noodles. Let sit for 10 minutes until noodles soften, then drain and set aside.
- Combine noodles, cooked chicken and green onions in bowl, add enough dressing to coat.
- Serve by topping bed of salad greens with snap peas, bell pepper and cucumber. Add dressed noodles, chicken and green onions.
- Garnish with more dressing, mandarin oranges and/or sesame seeds as desired.
- Tip: There will be several servings of tahini dressing leftover which can be used on 1 to 4 more salads or is excellent drizzled over roasted vegetables the next day.