Shiitake mushrooms and black beans combine to make a veg-friendly, flavor-filled patty everyone will love.
- 8 oz shiitake mushrooms
- 15 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 Cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 Cup cooked quinoa
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 Hamburger buns, toasted
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional Toppings: mayo, lettuce, sliced tomato, sliced onions
- In a food processor, add black beans, shiitake mushrooms, onions, garlic, paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Pulse until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and fold in the quinoa and oats until well combined. Form into 4 patties then chill for 10 minutes to firm up before cooking.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Carefully cook burger patties for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Serve burgers with your favorite toppings.