This Argentine sauce is traditionally served atop grilled steak or as a table condiment. Incredibly quick to prepare, this no-cook sauce brings brightness and a punch of garlic to balance rich meats or starchy vegetables. My favorite way to eat chimichurri is tossed with roast vegetables while they are still warm. Once vegetables are done, place them in a bowl with the freshly blended sauce and stir to coat.
- 1/2 red onion, roughly chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano (or 2tsp dried)
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- Place all ingredients except the olive oil in a blender or food processer.
- Pulse until nearly smooth. Add olive oil and blend until just combined.
- Chimichurri can be served immediately or refrigerated for up to 2 days.