This is the perfect treat for chocoholics! With just three ingredients it is easy, delicious and uses ingredients that you might already have in your pantry and fridge. These truffles are a great dessert to make your valentine this year. If you are feeling adventurous, try the recipe with a few different variations by adding fruit, coffee or nuts.
- 1 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- cocoa powder for dusting
- 2 Tbs jam
- 1 1/2 Tbs liquor
- 2 Tbs brewed espresso
- nuts or dried fruit
- Place chocolate in heatproof bowl.
- In a small saucepan, add cream and place over medium heat. Warm until cream gently simmers.
- Immediately pour cream over chocolate. Ensure chocolate is mostly covered and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Whisk chocolate and cream until smooth, creating a chocolate ganache.
- Add variations (jam, liquor, coffee) if desired.
- Cover the chocolate ganache and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Once ganache has become firm, scoop using a tablespoon and roll smooth using your hands.
- Roll each truffle in cocoa powder, nuts, dried fruit or drizzle with more chocolate.
- Store in fridge.