This flavorful, smoky North African inspired dish pairs nicely with a mild grilled chicken or white fish. Consider foil wrapping the vegetables and cooking over fire instead of in the oven to elevate the cuisine on your next camping trip!
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 zucchini
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup spinach leaves, torn
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and harissa paste.
- Chop bell pepper, onion and zucchini into half inch pieces and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle harissa mix onto vegetables, stir to coat. Bake around 20 minutes until soft, stirring after 10 minutes.
- Heat vegetable stock until boiling. Place spinach in bottom of large bowl. Pour couscous over spinach. Pour hot stock over couscous. Cover and let sit five minutes.
- Fluff couscous with fork, stir in harissa roasted vegetables and serve. This recipe is delicious both hot and cold!