Stir fry is an easy way to get your veggies in using whatever you have in the fridge. This quick weekday meal highlights summer’s last cherry tomatoes before frost. Serve with brown rice, noodles or even cauliflower rice. This recipe is satisfying as is, or add 3 oz. of your favorite cooked protein per person: tofu, tempeh, chicken or sliced beef work well.
- Stir Fry:
- 1 tbsp avocado or sesame oil
- 2 cups green beans, halved
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp honey or monkfruit
- Heat oil in large skillet, add green beans and sliced mushrooms, stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic and tomatoes. Cook for 2 minutes until aromatic.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, rice vinegar and sweetener. Pour over cooking vegetables, turn heat to medium low and continue cooking 1-4 minutes until green beans are desired doneness.
- Sprinkle finished stir fry with sesame seeds and serve!