Spaghetti squash has a unique noodle-like flesh which pairs well with pasta sauces. Winter squash can be roasted in the oven to warm your kitchen or microwaved in a pinch for a satisfying, no-fuss cold weather meal. This recipe is prepared right inside the squash rind to minimize dishes and utilizes prepared pesto, making it an easy choice for a weeknight dinner.
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved and deseeded
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Optional sliced cherry tomatoes, basil leaves, chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 400° F. On a baking sheet, place squash cut side down and roast for 25 minutes or until flesh is soft. If microwaving, place halved squash in baking dish with 1 inch water. Microwave on high for 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Using a fork, detach squash flesh from rind using a scraping motion until all noodle like fibers are loose.
- Split pesto evenly between the two halves, mixing well with the squash.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese.