Like chickpeas, cannellini beans easily mash into a high protein versatile spread. This creamy and crunchy toast is full of fiber and heart healthy fats making it a perfect choice for breakfast, lunch, or an afternoon snack.
- 1 19oz can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed and chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 4 slices whole grain toast
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- fresh herbs to garnish
- Mash beans in a bowl with fork.
- Add 1/4 cup olive oil; mash to combine.
- Stir in capers, dill, mustard, and hot sauce.
- Pat dry peppers and celery; add to bowl and stir to combine. \
- Rub one side of toast with garlic clove, drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with pepper.
- Divide avocado slices among the toasts and top with bean mixture and garnish.