This light vegan soup is an excellent way to use up garden zucchini. The recipe calls for canned tomatoes, but feel free to substitute fresh if you have them!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 4 cups diced zucchini/yellow squash
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/8 cup minced garlic
- 1 cup peeled and diced parsnips
- 2 Tbs dried marjoram
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cups diced tomatoes, crushed
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup pesto
- Heat oil in pot. Sauté onion, squash, carrots, garlic and parsnips until soft.
- Season veggies with marjoram, salt and pepper.
- Stir in pesto and serve.