With berry season in full swing, it is time to use up last year’s frozen blueberries. This salad dressing is sweet, tart and full of antioxidants, a perfect pairing for sturdy spinach and creamy goat cheese.
- 1.5 C frozen blueberries, thawed
- 3 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 6 Tbs olive oil
- 6 C spinach
- 1 C fresh blueberries
- 1/2 C pecan pieces
- 1/2 C crumbled goat cheese
- Vinaigrette: Add blueberries, vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt, and thyme in blender, process until smooth. Slowly drizzle olive oil into running blender until well mixed.
- Salad: In a large bowl, combine spinach, berries, pecans, goat cheese and vinaigrette. Toss to coat.
- Tips: Increase the protein of this salad by adding sliced grilled chicken breast. Leftover vinaigrette can be refrigerated for five days.