Summer Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
With berry season in full swing, it is time to use up last year’s frozen blueberries. This salad dressing is sweet, tart and full of antioxidants, a perfect pairing for sturdy spinach and creamy goat cheese.
- 1.5 C frozen blueberries, thawed
- 3 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs honey
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 6 Tbs olive oil
- 6 C spinach
- 1 C fresh blueberries
- 1/2 C pecan pieces
- 1/2 C crumbled goat cheese
- Vinaigrette: Add blueberries, vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt, and thyme in blender, process until smooth. Slowly drizzle olive oil into running blender until well mixed.
- Salad: In a large bowl, combine spinach, berries, pecans, goat cheese and vinaigrette. Toss to coat.
- Tips: Increase the protein of this salad by adding sliced grilled chicken breast. Leftover vinaigrette can be refrigerated for five days.