Nectarine Caprese Salad
A refreshing take on Caprese salad subbing ripe nectarines for tomatoes. July’s stone fruit season is short, yet abundant. Balance the sweetness of ripe nectarines with protein from fresh mozzarella and hazelnuts and acid from the balsamic vinegar. Perfect for a potluck picnic at the park.
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 nectarines
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Spread arugula and basil on serving platter
- Cut nectarines and mozzarella into similar sized wedges.
- Arrange nectarine and cheese in alternating pattern on platter.
- Drizzle platter with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle hazelnuts over platter.