Yucca, also known as cassava is a starchy tuber similar to potato that is a staple crop throughout the world. Chimichurri is an herbal vinegar condiment commonly eaten with grilled meats in Argentina and Uruguay.
- 2 yucca tubers, peeled
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp died oregano
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Slice yucca into sticks resembling potato fries. Boil for 10 minutes or until fork tender.
- Place boiled yucca on paper towel lined plate and pat dry.
- Mince parsley and garlic, combine in a small bowl with oregano, and spices until well mixed.
- Add red wine vinegar and olive oil. Let chimichurri sit at room temperature for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Add avocado oil to shallow pan just to coat pan. When hot, pan fry yucca 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Transfer to paper towel covered plate prior to serving.