This recipe is a way to savor the last warm days before Autumn sets in. Fresh fennel, celery, and apple combine for a juicy and crispy salad brightened by a light lemon vinaigrette. Eat a double portion with grilled protein for a light dinner, or serve as a side salad with baked chicken and orzo.
- 1 large fennel bulb, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp fennel fronds, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, sliced thin
- 1 tart apple, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup walnut halves
- 1 1/2 oz parmesan cheese, shaved with veggie peeler
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Very thinly slice fennel, celery, and apple using sharp knife or mandolin, place in serving bowl along with fennel fronds, walnuts, and parmesan cheese.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine lemon juice and mustard. Slowly pour in olive oil while whisking until emulsified. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss until well coated.